Sunday, July 28, 2013

Titan/Jaeger/Kaiju Filled Weekend vs. Hermit Weekend

After a fun filled weekend with my college friends in Boracay (where I got to nurse an aching shoulder because of helmet diving up until a week later a.k.a. NOW), this weekend is Hermit Weekend!!!

With my book towers still steadily going higher and higher, I got started on... Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)! I have been on a SnK high since I think more than a month already and with the rain literally "raining on our parade" while we were on the beach (damn kaijus), we ended up watching the anime (my 4th). Now, I've finished all 10 manga volumes... where's the next chapter Hajime?! @#$%$#@ What you gonna do to Eren and Christia?! @#$%$#@ 

With no Volume 11 in sight and it has to  be a productive hermit weekend, I finally moved on with the book I brought along the trip last week, Rachel Vincent's My Soul To Take, which I got at the BookDepository sale for 2$. Afufufufu. I planned to finish it during the trip, imagined myself reading in a cabana overlooking the white sand and the beach... *sigh* but that was in vain... again, damn kaijus. 

The book was interesting enough (I finished it overnight) and is now on the second book My Soul To Save. It's quite reminiscent of the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan (the book focuses on bean sidhes, pronounced as "banshees", and death instead of witches and wicca) with its well thought of mythology and its love triangle twists (yes, my EQ got the better of me, again, and I have already "peeked" through the next books T_T).

So now, I'm taking a break from reading the book (I'm 3/4 into it), probably download the third book (My Soul To Keep) later, updating my VLC player, readying myself  to watch and cry over SnK episode 16 in a bit (I have crying friends all over Plurk because of the episode) and flexing my sore shoulder (damn, kaijus.) 
 Low tide, Kaiju alert!
 Kaijus yonder!

Photobomber I am. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment